SPRING FLING3 MORE OPTIONS ADDED! SHOP 8 LIMITED EDITION PRINTS ENDS 05.31.17
STYLING: AUSTRALIA DAY 2012
Australia Day is just around the corner (tomorrow!) and here in Sydney we can almost smell the delicious scent of the BBQ underway!
For our global friends who haven't experienced Australia day down under, it's a national holiday generally spent having a barbecue with your mates and relaxing at the beach.
But if celebrating in a pair of thongs and a big Akubra on your head isn’t your style, we’ve got a few glamourous options to inspire you instead.
Whether you’re hitting the beach, hanging out at your best mate’s barbie or sipping a cocktail at a swanky bar, Australia Day is the perfect time to incorporate green and gold into your wardrobe.
Not only would it be a stylish way to give a nod to national colours, but bright jewel colours are hot on the runway right now.
Above are a few green and gold items we found that could easily take you from barbie to bar tomorrow.
A kaftan-style top is an easy option to wear to the beach - and it’s also perfect for swanning about at a bar late at night. Meanwhile, a brightly coloured dress will definitely turn heads.
And if you’re in the mood to really make a fun statement, why not give a pair of neon green jeans a go?
But if you’re unsure of draping yourself in gold and green tomorrow, accessories are a great way to add a touch of bright colour to your Australia Day outfit. Check out these earrings from Siobhan Way or this gorgeous gold cuff from Manumit Fair Trade.
Of course, shoes are a fabulous way of injecting some colour into your wardrobe.
How adorable are these three-inch yellow platform heels? They’re like a ray of sunshine at your feet! They're a great way to add a burst of colour to an otherwise conservative outfit.
This pair of sweet two-inch green Mary Janes could easily see you through a big Australia Day bash tomorrow and back into the office the next day, too.
Are you celebrating Australia day? What are you planning to wear tomorrow?
1. Emilio Pucci Gathered Ruffle Dress, from mytheresa.com
2. Sorbet, prescription glasses, from sneakingduck.com
3. Nada Sawaya Yellow Python "Toy Pouch", from bluefly.com
4. Clinique after sun rescue balm, from bloomingdales.com
5. Siobhan Way Bel été Earrings Handcrafted 18ct gold with floating 'scintiller' cut green amethyst, from siobhanway.com
6. True Religion Billy Neon Green Stretch Straight Leg Jeans, from Jades24.com
7. Manumit Fair Trade Gold Hammered Cuff, from fashion-conscience.com
8. Jenny Packham Yellow Star Sequined cocktail dress, from Jades24.com
9. Green pleat front top, from dorothyperkins.com
Posted by Jodie on 25 January 2012.