SPRING FLINGSHOP 5 LIMITED EDITION PRINTS ENDS 05.31.17
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SHOES OF PREY
We launched Shoes of Prey on the evening of 8 October 2009 at about 8pm, so today we turn 1 year old and what an amazing year it's been!
We've had over 1.6 million visits to the site with over 6 million minutes spent designing shoes, we've sent around 10,000 emails to customers, we're approaching 8,000 Facebook fans, have more than 2,000 Twitter followers and most importantly, we have enjoyed every minute of it, and we're thrilled that to have shared this journey with you. Going through some of the major events chronologically:
- Shortly after our launch we hired Vanessa.
- Our shoes started to be used in gorgeous fashion shoots.
- We were a finalist for a TechCrunch Crunchie award for Best Bootstrapped Startup.
- The business was going well enough by February that Jodie left her job to join us full time.
- We moved into our awesome office at The Campaign Palace in Woolloomooloo.
- We were covered by two of our favourite blogs, Springwise and TechCrunch.
- We had the privilege of working with beauty guru, Blair Fowler
- We launched ankle boots, Italian Silk, new materials and dabbled in ready-to-wear.
- Qun joined the team in our China office.
- We launched Shoes of Prey Japan.
- Carmen joined us, taking our first customer service tole in Sydney.
- We won 3 of the 11 awards at the inaugural Online Retail Industry Awards in Australia.
- Our shoes started to hit the runways, doing our very first fashion week with Terri Donna.
- We had what was probably our most rewarding customer experience helping Daniel propose to his girlfriend in Mexico.
- We launched a redesigned version of our website.
- And we launched Shoes of Prey Russia!
We couldn't have been more thrilled with the press we've had this year either. We've been covered by Marie Claire twice in Australia and once in France, Notebook magazine twice and CLEO once in Australia, The Daily Telegraph, Sydney Morning Herald, The Courier Mail, Nine to Five, Time Out New York, The Times in London, The Wall Street Journal blog, Sky Business News, the Official Google Blog, along with TechCrunch, Springwise, and A Current Affair which we mentioned earlier. And to top it off, we're the cover story on this month's issue of NETT magazine!
On a personal level it's been extremely rewarding. For Mike and Michael leaving Google wasn't an easy decision, nor was leaving The Campaign Palace for me but starting and running our own business is something we've all always wanted to do. And to have the business running to plan at the 1 year mark is incredibly exciting. Hiring and working with Vanessa, Qun and Carmen has been a great pleasure. Seeing their dedication, passion and the enjoyment they get from helping us run the business is an extraordinary thing. And, having the opportunity to meet and work with our customers only makes us want work twice as hard in the next 12 months.
Thank you for your support!
Photo by Simon James Kent
Posted by Jodie on 08 October 2010.