The Melbourne Cup (a horse race held in the first week of November) has long been known as the race that stops Australia and it's one of the best excuses on the Australian social calendar to dress up. This year, Airbnb and Shoes of Prey have partnered to send one lucky Australian to the Melbourne Cup for a day of fashion on the field.
The winner will receive flights, Airbnb accommodation, entry to The Melbourne Cup and a Shoes of Prey gift certificate so that you can design the perfect shoes for your race day outfit.
To enter, all you need to do is submit a shoe design by 10 September 2011 using the Shoes of Prey website. Here's how:
2. Save your shoe design.
3. Copy the shoe’s URL.
4. Either tweet the URL with the hashtag #AirbnbSOP or post it in the comments of this blog post.
The best shoe design will be judged by the Shoes of Prey team. Entry is only open to people within Australia. Now, I know there lots of you who aren't Australian based and won't be eligible for this competition. I'm really sorry! We'll look at doing another one soon that everyone can enter :)
For those who are eligible to enter, good luck and I can't wait to see your designs!
Airbnb is a marketplace to list, discover, and book unique accommodations around the world. Sign up here to Airbnb and list your property and receive $75 Airbnb credit.
- Entrants will design a pair of shoes using the Shoes of Prey website.
- Entry mechanic:
2.1. Visit Shoes of Prey, design you shoes.
2.2 Save your design.
2.3. Copy the shoe’s URL.
2.4. Either tweet the URL with the hashtag #AirbnbSOP or posting it in the comments to this blog post below.
- Winner will be judged by Shoes of Prey & Airbnb. Criteria: best looking design that fits the Melbourne cup theme. The judges decision is final.
- The winner will be notified by email, by 16 September 2011.
- Entry is only open to people within Australia. This is a promotion specifically for the Australian market.
- If the winner is from Melbourne, Victoria they will receive the voucher for flights and airbnb credit.
- The winner is responsible for organising their own flights and Airbnb accomodation.
- The Airbnb component of the prize does not include any costs in addition to accommodation credit ($300) and flights ($200).
- The Shoes of Prey component of the prize will be the value (including shipping) of one pair of shoes only.
- The prizes are not transferrable unless granted at the discretion of the organisers.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash.
- The prizes are not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
- The prizes are only available in Australian dollars.
- Prizes are subject to any conditions specified by the suppliers, Shoes of Prey and Airbnb.
- You must be over 18 years old to enter.
- The winning shoes and entrant will be displayed on the Shoes of Prey & Airbnb blog, and may be used for marketing purposes.
- Entries that are deemed to be of high calibre may also be may be used by Airbnb and Shoes of Prey as desired.
- Entries will be open from 3 August 2011 11.59AM AEST to 10 September 2011 11.59PM AEST.