Public Relations Manager: PR / Celebrity Engagement
In the 4 years since our launch we’ve secured amazing press including Oprah Magazine, Teen Vogue, Vogue, Elle, Marie Claire, Wall Street Journal, Forbes, Daily Candy and many more. We have A-list celebs getting into our shoes but what we really need is a person with great relationships (or ability to make them), a very strong background in PR and an unstoppable enthusiasm to make Shoes of Prey famous.
You’ll become our main point of contact with press globally. It will be essential that you embody the Shoes of Prey brand to be able to represent and express us impressively to fashion, tech and business press. It will be your job to properly systemise and lead innovation in our PR work as we grow. This role will develop and implement the PR strategy and support the overall marketing strategy, brand position, personality and core values.
To be killing it in this role and considered an A player on the Shoes of Prey team, here are the 3 key things you'll have achieved after 12 months in this role (in priority order):
- You not only live and breathe Shoes of Prey's culture and values, you've contributed to growing and developing them. People on the team enjoy spending time with you and are fighting to be able to work closely with you.
- Each month we're landing on-message feature stories about Shoes of Prey in globally famous top tier press outlets. In addition, you've built an automated process for working with lower tier press so we're constantly being covered by smaller press outlets and fashion bloggers. You closely measure the results of your work and our press coverage is responsible for driving significant amounts of converting traffic to our site.
- You're Shoes of Prey's public relations guru and recognised internally as the go to person for public relations. You know everything that is being said about us and you have a firm hand on how to put our messages into market through the excellent relationships you have built. You also know what has/does not work for us and are adept at steering us clear of these pitfalls.
Your work experience clearly identifies that you have the following traits:
- Success in pitching: You will understand how to perfectly craft a pitch for the intended audience, constantly updating and engaging celebrities, stylists and press alike with information about us that they will find both timely and valuable. You will be comfortable and successful in pitching across different countries (our headquarters is in Sydney, but our fans are everywhere!) and across multiple channels including top tier broadcast, print, and online outlets (this includes bloggers and vloggers). You will be able to make educated recommendations on which press will give us highest ROI (although we know how hard this is to measure). You will build long term relationships with key media, celebrities and stylists.
- Passion for PR: You will be unable to hide your passion for PR!You will have an immersive knowledge and understanding of fashion PR and an in-depth interest/understanding of PR for business and technology. You will be abreast of new, exciting and important opportunities for innovation in the social media and PR space and ensure that Shoes of Prey is poised to innovate and take advantage of these opportunities.
- Tenacity and scrappiness: You can make things work with limited resources. When things don't go as planned and you're missing your targets you'll go to the ends of the earth adjusting angles, approaches and delivery to do what it takes to hit your targets.
- Organised: You will manage our PR agencies remotely and effectively. You will be able to co-ordinate events when needed. You will know who's-who of those we need to know on sight and be able to start a relevant and interesting conversation with them.
We are looking for someone to join our office on a part-time basis (2-3 days per week) who has worked in PR for 2-3 years either at another online retailer, e-commerce company, or agency. Salary is dependent on experience. The role is based in our Sydney office, and we are flexible with remote working arrangements from time to time.
To apply for this role please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "YOUR NAME - PR MANAGER". This is essential as any applications without this will be missed by our email filters.
Thanks, we can't wait to hear from you!