WHAT TO WEAR ON THE WEEKEND
HOW TO BE WEEKEND CHIC
(WHEN YOU REALLY CAN'T BE BOTHERED)
At the end of a long working week, the thought of summoning your most chic self can be a little too much for a weary head to handle. Enter the cheat sheet for weekend chic. Master the art of comfort and class in just 5 steps. It’s the timeless (and a wee bit Frenchy) look that will take you from brunch to the bookstore, and can even make you look chic when you’re schlepping the groceries.
5 STEPS TO WEEKEND CHIC
1. JEANS: Wiggle yourself into your favourite pair of jeans. A skinny or slim cut is probably best, but if it’s a boyfriend jean kind of day, far be it for us to get in the way of that. Jeans not your thing? Don some black cigarette pants.
2. STRIPED TOP: If this baby isn’t in your wardrobe, it needs to be. A ¾ sleeve or long sleeve makes for a more polished look, but short sleeve is perfectly acceptable too.
3. TOP KNOT: Get those tresses atop your head. Pull your hair up into a top knot. Loosen the bun and fix and secure and straggly bits with bobby pins. Take a clean powder brush and make soft circles along your hairline. Those wispy bits perfect the look.
4. BOLD LIP: Grab your chosen highly pigmented pink or red lip and swipe it across your lips. There’s very little lipstick can’t fix.
5. BALLET FLATS: If they were good enough for Audrey, then they’re certainly good enough for the rest of us. The beauty of this outfit is that it works with almost any ballet flat you desire.
Add leopard. Opt for textured black. Go sweet with silver. Keep it neutral with tan and white. The ballet flat is your best friend, especially on the weekend when you’re running about the town and can’t come at high heels.
5 steps, and maybe 10 minutes later, you’re all set for Saturday and Sunday, even if you’re still Friday-frazzled on the inside.
SHOP THE SHOES