DRESS FOR BUSINESS CASUAL
HOW TO ROCK THE WORKPLACE DRESS CODE
Confused by your workplace dress code? Eliminate that morning routine struggle by using our guide to assemble a perfect outfit for the office. From head to toe, here’s the best way to wear business casual.
BUSINESS CASUAL TOPS
Have fun with your blouse — it’s the perfect place to add a pop of color to an office outfit. A few top tips:
- Choose a fun color or print to take an outfit from simple to stylish
- Keep the neckline modest to ensure it's workplace appropriate
- Tuck in the top for a fashionable touch. If you opt to keep your blouse untucked, be sure to choose one that ends several inches below your waistband.
BUSINESS CASUAL SKIRTS & PANTS
Not sure where to start for business casual bottoms? Here are our tips:
- A-line, pleated, or pencil skirts are perfect for the office
- Solid color or printed skirts add punch to business casual outfits
Feel like wearing pants instead?
- Wear a pair that fit you well and are wrinkle-free.
- Check that hems aren’t fraying and seams aren’t ripped
- Wool, cotton, corduroy, gabardine, and even polyester fabrics work in this type of office.
BUSINESS CASUAL SHOES
Business casual outfits allow for a wide variety of fun shoes to be worn. We love:
- Heels and wedges at an appropriate height
- Flats personalized with touches of flair like tassels
- Boots with a chunky heel for a bit of a boho look that is still office-appropriate
- Sandals can be a tricky shoe to wear to the office — sometimes appropriate and sometimes they’re not. If you decide to wear sandals to work, choose leather or suede in a style suited for the office.